Friday, May 13, 2005

MESSAGE FROM KYLE!

Hello Speedway fans. It is nice to be back home in Canada recovering from my very unfortunate accident after heat 14 in Workington. The meeting was going really well but I was having a really hard time finding grip in the corners. The track was so fast and slick that I was going into the corner so hard and the bike was just skating all the way to the fence every turn. After talking to my mechanic we decided that we were going to change the needle setting in the carb. This was allowing way too much fuel to be dumped into the engine. I was running second with Richy Ashworth in first on a tack, on the last corner I drifted wide and the Workington rider got under me as we drag raced to the finish line. I was trying to slow the bike down going into the first bend when I hit a massive hole in the track which caused the bike to launch with the throttle stuck open, I let go of the bike as it hit the fence and it then landed on my foot which broke the right talous. I am really disappointed to be out and missing out on this year’s world under 21. I had very big goals that I was determined to achieve on may 21st in Austria. I head back to England on June 3rd where I will then spend a full week training at Scunthrope everyday while attending physio therapy. I am aiming to ride on the June 16th as Sheffield takes on Somerset. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at the Andy Harris Speedway school. I will be there to giving whatever help I can to all the riders. Take care, ride smart and stay off the white line….. Kyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home