Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Legault's GP dream ended with injury

Kyle Legault's hopes of becoming a Grand Prix rider next season ended in bitter disappointment and a serious injury in Vojens on Saturday. (15 Sept '07)
The 22-year-old Fen Tiger felt confident going into the GP Challenge Final meeting, but a first-race collision with current Polish GP star Krzysztof Kasprzak left Legault nursing a suspected broken right wrist which is likely to rule him out of Mildenhall's crucial home meeting against Glasgow tomorrow (Tuesday, 18 September).
Speaking en route back to the UK, Legault said: "I was coming off gate four in my first ride and was knocked cleanly off by Kasprzak. I struggled on with the pain in my remaining four rides and was on the pace, but I was not confident and lost a lot of confidence as I struggled to keep hold of the bike.
"It looks like I've broken my wrist but we'll know for sure when I get back to the UK and have an X-ray. I'm not sure if I will be fit for Tuesday but I hope to be back for the Premier League Riders' Championship on September 30."
Mildenhall supporters will be anxiously awaiting the fitness result of the Canadian rider, who has held their season together and without him it could come to a grinding halt in just a couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home